To help you move forward, here are a few steps you can take:
1. Know your rights. Ensure you understand the consultation process. Seek advice on the process, your rights and your entitlements.
2. Identify your strategy. What will be your approach? Do you want to stay or does redundancy appeal?
3. Take ownership. Put together an action plan for your next steps.
4. Build your self-awareness. Be clear about what you want from future roles. What are your strengths? What do you enjoy? What work environments suit you?
5. Consider your career options. This may be a great opportunity for you to enhance your skills or change career.
6. Start job hunting. Use all job search resources available such as LinkedIn, networking and recruitment agencies.
Be positive. Be proactive. Be prepared.
You can’t control being put at risk of redundancy but you can control your response.
For further information please read my fact sheet, '10 tips on what to do if you are made redundant’.