Do you enjoy your career?
If the answer is ‘no’, let 2014 be the year to do something about it.
In my work as a career coach, many of my clients approach me because they are not happy with their career. Perhaps they are feeling unfulfilled, struggling with their manager or working really long hours. Whatever their reason, before I start coaching, I always ask how long they have felt like this and it is often the case that they have been unhappy with their career for well over a year, perhaps even longer.
How long have you been unhappy at work?
Allowing career frustrations to escalate over time means that feelings of stress, dissatisfaction and unhappiness will increase. Issues relating to your career will start impacting other areas of your life such as family, health and social life. Your work-life balance becomes unreachable.
Perhaps not a very cheery thought for my first blog of 2014 but if this resonates with you, how about making some changes to make things better for yourself again?
2014 is the perfect opportunity to resolve your career frustrations and achieve the work-life balance you deserve.
If you what to make some changes to your career, here are some steps to get you started:
1. Write down what you want to achieve in your career this year. Make sure it is something you REALLY want. It may be easier to initially think about what you are missing in your life and then work out what you want instead.
2. Tell a trusted friend or relative about your 2014 goals. Demonstrating some additional commitment will give you an even better chance of achieving the life you want.
3. Make a plan. How are you going to achieve your goal?
4. Do one thing today towards achieving your goal. No matter how big or small, do something to enable you to start the process.
5. If you are stuck for ideas, have a look at my free resources to assist here.
Just imagine how great December 2014 is going to be when you have achieved your goal.