We often don’t think twice about going out and spending money on a few drinks or a meal after a bad day at work so what stops us spending money on our future when things aren’t going so well? You have perhaps been unhappy with your career for a while, thinking of a career change or about getting a new job, but have yet to do anything about it. You have heard of career coaching but unsure how this will help you and so why should you invest in this?
Let me begin by asking you some questions...
1. What do you want from your working life?
When I ask people this question, the answers often include:
· Balanced Lifestyle
2. How long have you wanted these things for?
3. Where would you like to be in 6 months/ 1 year/2 years?
· In a new job?
· Pursuing a career change?
· Applying for a promotion?
· Setting up my own business?
4. Imagine you achieved all this through working with a career coach, what would these results be worth to you?
...and it is as simple as that, a career coach can help you achieve what you want in your career, more quickly and easily than doing it alone. Things you have wanted for ages, but procrastination has got in your way, are now possible. A short term investment in a career coach can go a long way in enabling you to enjoy your future career.
Yes, it is this straightforward!
If you would like to know how career coaching works click here to have a look at some coaching factsheets.